The Updated Rules
In light of certain events that we, the mods, let get out of control, we have met together and updated the rules of the site. If you would like to be a member of this community, please follow these rules very closely, and we’ll all have a grand ole’ time.
1. No Major Swearing – This should be an obvious one. Since there are younger viewers that come and go from this site, and maybe parents that observe children’s internet activity, it is important to keep cussing to a minimum. This includes, bleeps, or implied cussing (such as loopholes in the system). Racist or derogatory terms fall into this banned category as well.
2. No Graphic Violence – As stated earlier, the EU is a safe site, in which people should feel comfortable posting, talking, and whatnot. Users should not have nightmares due to stories or comments made here. Graphic Violence is anything that involves: Blood, gore, guns, knifes, etc.
3. No overly sexual content/scenes – Parents observe children activity, and the last thing they want to see is other users talking of things that are deemed inappropriate. This is why we have the no overly sexual content/scenes rule in place. It’s done to protect users from seeing something they don’t want to see, especially on a site for origami finger puppets. This includes: Private part mentions, scenes that parents would make you cover your eyes, or dirty jokes
4. If you don’t like a certain story, don’t be a bully. Instead, offer constructive criticism – In our upcoming “EU’s Writing 101.” We go in depth on how to properly critique a story, and how to make it so your words aren’t hurting the writer, but building the writer up. Some people’s love for writing started here; don’t break it down.
5. Do not directly copy the plot of the original work. Make it your own! – This rule was simply made because in the infancy age of the EU, there were users that made stories that completely retold an entire movie, beat for beat, and if they were crazy enough, line for line. It’s uncreative and dull to read a story done in that way.
6. Please do not post stories as comments. – While there are exceptions to this rule (Parents don’t allow you to have an email), all stories MUST be sent through one of the three emails.
7. All Stories may be slightly edited before publication – If we find anything that violates 1-6, the writing will be edited or rejected.
9. In terms of talking Cartoons, keep it at what’s aired in the day (Cartoon network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Disney XD, boomerang), and avoid talking about what’s aired at night, typically on the adult block (Adult Swim, Nick at Night, etc.)
10. When theorizing, please keep it to the stories (Who/what is T.H.A.N.O.S.? What is the Presence doing in this story?) and not on: History, politics, or other users.
11. No begging for higher ranks, such as contributor, mod, admin, or even co-owner
12. Keep double posting to a minimum – fellas, it’s not us that are labelling your comment’s under moderation, it’s an automatic measure done in the event that you and a user post at close to the same time. If you post and it says “Your comment is awaiting moderation” That’s just because of the bot. Please, wait a bit before posting the same thing again.
13. No sharing personal information.
14. Have Fun! – Get creative! Make it your own!
I know this might seem like a lot of rules to just throw on you all, but almost all of these just hinge on common sense. If you have a healthy dose of that, you’ll do fine.